Job Opening: Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager serves as the lead for the marketing team and provides support for administrative staff. This position requires a creative and task oriented person to manage the dissemination of all DLA marketing materials. This involves the management of creative marketing materials including The Downtown newsletter, website, social media, advertisements, visitor brochures and gift card promotions. This position is also involved with the planning and support of several downtown events. The Marketing Manager develops relationships with downtown businesses to help promote DLA’s mission and objectives.
- Responsible for the execution of all Downtown Lincoln branding and advertising initiatives.
- Lead marketing team in the planning and execution of all social media initiatives.
- Maintain and update all creative aspects of DLA’s website and social platforms
- Produce a monthly Downtown E-Newsletter.
- Manage the Gift Card promotions and content.
- Serve as the content lead for DLA produced events including the annual Shop the Blocks events, Annual Meeting and other downtown supported events.
- Develop and maintain positive working relations with downtown business and property owners.
- Assist in the planning and execution of various downtown events.
- Manage DLA’s visitor booth at several University and downtown conventions.
- Assist marketing team in the writing and production of various communication materials.
- Interview new and current downtown business owners, employees and various other constituents.
- Manage the distribution of marketing materials across downtown
- Serve as backup as needed for customer service and telephone responses.
- Strong creative skills and experience in Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and task driven.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and to meet demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Strong interview and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of all social media tools including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Constant Contact, Snapchat, Reddit, and Pinterest.
- Ability to deliver materials throughout the downtown area either on foot or by personal transportation.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience | Health & Retirement Benefits Included
Non-Exempt Full-Time Employee | 40 Hours/Week | 8:00AM – 5:00 PM, M-F
How to apply: Send a brief cover letter, resume and relevant creative samples to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Downtown Lincoln Association 206 S. 13th Street, Suite 101 | Lincoln, NE 68508