September 2018: Irene Williams
Irene is the CFO & VP of People Solutions at the Foundation for Educational Services and was nominated by coworker Lauren Dyer. Lauren had this to say about her:
"Irene is a very dynamic, hardworking woman. She is a great mentor and always is there for her staff. She has had major demands at home but maintains a full workload and her staff never are left without direction. She is an expert in financial and HR matters. Environment and culture are a major part of job satisfaction and Irene fosters a great atmosphere where its easy to say, 'I love my job!'"
Q & A with Irene
1. How long have you been with your employer and/or working in Downtown Lincoln?
2. What is your primary role in the workplace?
I am the CFO so numbers are my thing.
3. What is your favorite part about working at your company?
I love that we help other organizations accomplish their missions and that FES treats their employees like family.
4. What is your favorite place to eat in Downtown Lincoln?
The wine cellar at the Oven, Blue Orchid and Blue Sushi are some of my favorites sorry can’t just pick one.
5. What is your favorite thing to do in Downtown Lincoln?
Know of a great candidate for Downtown Employee of the Month? Nominate them here.